It is the policy of Noble to:
- Prevent users from accessing or transmitting inappropriate material over it’s network via the internet, electronic mail, or other forms of direct communication;
- Prevent unauthorized access and other unlawful online activity;
- Prevent unauthorized online disclosure, use, or dissemination of personal identification of minors; and
- Comply with the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) [Pub. L. No. 106-554 and 47 USC 254(h)].
Access to Inappropriate Material
To the extent that is practical, technology protection measures including Internet content filters are used to block or filter the Internet or other forms of electronic communications and access to inappropriate information. Specifically, as required by the Children’s Internet Protection Act, blocking shall be applied to visual depictions of material deemed obscene or to child pornography or to any material deemed harmful to minors.
Subject to staff supervision, technology protection measures may be disabled or, in the case of minors, minimized only for bona fide research or other lawful purposes.
Inappropriate Network Usage
To the extent that is practical, steps shall be taken to promote the safety and security of users of Noble’s online computer network when using electronic mail, chat rooms, instant messaging, and other forms of direct electronic communications.
Specifically, as required by the Children’s Internet Protection Act prevention of inappropriate network usage includes:
- Unauthorized access, including so-called hacking, and other unlawful activities; and
- Unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal identification information regarding minors.
Internet Safety Education
Noble will provide age appropriate training for students who utilize Noble’s computer facilities. The training provided will be designed to promote Noble’s commitment to:
- The standards and acceptable use of Internet services as set forth in Noble’s Internet Safety Policy;
- Student safety with regard to:
- safety on the Internet;
- appropriate behavior while on online, on social networking Web sites, and in chat rooms; and
- cyber-bullying awareness and response.
- Compliance with the E-rate requirements of the Children’s Internet Protection Act (“CIPA”).
Following receipt of this training, the student will acknowledge that s/he received, understood, and will follow the provisions of Noble’s acceptable use policies.
- Students & Families
- Noble Careers
- College Counseling
- About Noble
- Baker College Prep
- Butler College Prep
- Chicago Bulls College Prep
- DRW College Prep
- Gary Comer College Prep
- Gary Comer College Prep Middle School
- Golder College Prep
- Hansberry College Prep
- ITW David Speer Academy
- Johnson College Prep
- Mansueto High School *NEW CAMPUS*
- Muchin College Prep
- Noble Street College Prep
- Pritzker College Prep
- Rauner College Prep
- Rowe-Clark Math & Science Academy
- The Noble Academy
- UIC College Prep